Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tami's 50th Birthday Week!

It was Tami's 50th birthday on Wednesday. We took the whole week to celebrate. Just the two of us went down to Disneyland for her birthday. We spent 3 days just taking it easy and with no set schedule. We went and saw a movie one day (Star Trek, highly recommend it), did some shopping and just relaxed. It was a nice and a fun way to celebrate Tami's birthday. After that, the fun really started.


We have been planning a surprise party for Tami for months. We started planning this even before we knew of Tami's diagnosis. Well the day finally arrived. She had no clue until the moment I had to push her through the door of the party. We planned a Fiesta At 50. Each girl had a part of the party, and it was a great success. Tami's brother Jeff and his wife Jennifer and girls came up from CA. My brother Tommy and his daughter Melinda flew in from Virginia. My oldest brother Gary and his wife Kathy came in from Dallas. Joan and YB and kids came up from San Diego. We had lots of other family and friends there to help us celebrate.


These are the great kids who put this all togeather!





My family: Joan, Me, Tommy, and Gary








We had make your own taco's, cake and ice cream and plenty of left-overs. We even had a pinata! We can not Thank everyone enough who help to put this all togeather, who cooked, who travelled near and far to be part of this celebration.
To Tami, all I can say is how much I love you and how fun all of these past years have been. You are a great wife, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, daughter, sister, and friend. I know that I speak for everyone to wish you the Best Birthday Ever!






5 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

It was alot of fun but I am really relieved it's all over. I was doing some serious stressing over making sure everything was done and put together. I love you guys so much and I'm so grateful you are my mom and dad!

Holly said...

Tami,
I have been thinking about your big day for the past month or so. (Bob called and let me know about it.) I knew that it fell on the same evening as the State Lacrosse Championship finals and I wasn't sure if we would have a boy playing in the game. As much as I wanted to have him there, I also was holding out a little hope that it would end on Wednesday in the semi-finals and I would be able to hop in the car and join the surprise for you. Well, play in the finals, they did. (And did it well, 2009 State Champs!) I was with you in spirit even while cheering on the Braves! I hope that the day (or week!) was perfect. No one is loved more. You have been so dear to me- I never would have survived Freshman year without you! Thank you for the example you have always set for me, for your wonderful laugh and for introducing me to Disneyland. Here's to 50 more fabulous years!
A BIG HUG FROM ME!

Bob and Tami said...

Since I don't know how to up date the blog, Bob does all of that, I have figured out how to leave comments. So I would like to say Thank You to everyone, those who helped and those who traveled and to a wonderful family. My daughters for all their work and to Trevor for his love. To my husband Bob I don't think I can ever put into words the love I feel

Lorilee said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! We love you too.

lacey said...

Happy late birthdat Aunt Tami!!! Sorry we werent there to celebrate with you. We love you.