Sunday, May 31, 2009

What Are The Odds...


So, what are the odds of this happening. Here's the story!! For Tami's Birthday, my family bought us tickets to see Donny and Marie. The show was last night at the Flamingo Hotel. We got to the show and got our seats at the table. Right before the show was to start, this women walks past us. I thought I recognized her. She then walked past us again, and I realized that it was the women who got me the job at the Osmond Studios in Orem, Utah 30 years ago. So here is some history: Back in 1979 while going to BYU. I met Patti through a friend who was a good friend of Marie's and worked at the studio. She got me a job as a tour guide at the studio. I worked there for about a year doing tours and working during taping of their shows. So now, fast forward 30 years and I see her. I stand up and reintroduce myself to her. After a second, she remembers me too. We talk for just a second before the show starts. It was a great show. Very fun and entertaining. So after the show, she invites us back to the meet and greet. So we are standing there catching up with Patti , who had just flown in that day to hang out with Marie, when Donny and Marie walk in. Now there is at least 50 people waiting to meet them, when Patti brings us up to them and introduces us to them. Tells them that I used to work at the studio. They were both very nice and gracious to us. We then had our picture taken with them. We then stood and talked with Patti and a friend of hers for an hour while they did the meet and greet. It really was a fun night. So again, what are the odds of us being at that show, at that table, when Patti comes into town and walks by and recongizing her. It was meant to be.



5 comments:

Kim and Franklin said...

No way! That's awesome!!!

Russell Family said...

I'm so excited for you guys and kinda jealous. I'm glad you guys had fun and it was a night to remember! Love you guys!

The Gaineys said...

How fun, I am so jealous!! Bob, I don't care what anyone else says, I still think you look like an Osmond. Now we have the picture to prove it!

Lorilee said...

Tonya I think so too. i have always thought Bob could be an Osmond. Did they ask you to sing for them? You guys sure do fun things together.

Marie said...

That is so cool! What a fabulous experience! And it shows that it is a very small world we live in. :D